Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I got so much to say in the last few days but I will fill in more details this coming weekend when I am back in town and get settled (well, kind of...... since I need to start packing and move into my new condo on September 25th). I will just input few important notes.

It is 5:20 am here in Taipei, and I am just trying to stay awake so that I can sleep through 13 hour flight to Los Angeles, and prevent from jet lag. I doubt that will happen so we will see.

Men's soccer team lost to Ireland for a 7th place game, so we ended up 8th out of 16 teams, the best finish in the history of Deaflympics for men's soccer team. We didnt have 7 key players to play in the game. The rest of the guys had their heart and soul into this game, and we played well even though we lost to Ireland 3 to 0.

Congratulations to the women's soccer team for defending their gold medal! They beat Germany in the championship game 4 to 0. Robyn, the athletic trainer for women's soccer team, invited me to join her on the bench and watch the game at the track and field stadium. It was an awesome feeling and good to see those women put a huge smile and knowing that they are world champion.

The closing ceremony was a BLAST! I couldnt describe everything so I took several pictures and videos. (I will update them on flicker.com this weekend.)

Dont think that this is the end, I will have more details later on hopefully by the end of September. I will declare by saying "the end" but not this time so give me time for me to overcome jet lag, catch up work and home.

I'll be back to United States of America, the one and the only in about 30 hours, I can't wait.

Wy-an (Good night) to the city of Taipei.

2 comments:

  1. I'm soo glad you were able to go and experience this...but I must say I am EXCITED that you are coming home! Dave and I will have to have you over once you are moved into your new place! Have a safe trip! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home to the good ole USA!!!

    ReplyDelete